The In-Circuit Programmer/Loader (“EasyLoader” or “eLoader”) is a standalone device that was designed to provide a flexible and cost-effective solution for electronic device manufacturers, as well as for hardware design companies and their customers. It allows you to upgrade code on any JTAG/SPI/I2C compliant device (like FPGA/CPLD/EEprom/Flash, etc.) or Microcontrollers at any time of development, testing or production.
Its small size and ease of use make the “eLoader” a unique device for the electronics manufacturing industry. Practically anyone can use it without making any mistakes. Once configured using a PC, it can be repeatedly used for a particular electronic product. An intuitive red/green LED interface indicates the operation status, making it ideal for a manufacturing line environment. Eliminate the need to pre-program (before assembly) as code releases can be loaded momentarily — just before a manufactured device is shipped to a customer.
Upon initial configuration, the “eLoader” functions as a completely standalone device that does not require connection to a host PC, power cable or batteries.
Board Assembly House
The “eLoader” can be used in a board assembly house to program the programmable logic devices as they come off the assembly line. It’s easy to use, so minimal training is required for the personnel. After initial configuration, the device does not require a computer connection for normal operation. This can help you completely avoid preprogramming parts and first article sign off, and as a result you can significantly reduce production costs.
Update Firmware Prior to Shipping
Boards can be programmed just prior to shipping to the customer. This ensures that only the latest firmware will be used. It also adds further flexibility, because a board can be programmed with different security/capability settings based on the particular customer order. There’s no need to stock boards with different firmware; instead, program each board as the order comes in.
Remote Firmware Update
The compact size and ease of use make it possible to simply ship the “eLoader” to customers. The eLoader starts working after the power is turned on so it can be easily operated by anyone. There’s no need to send an engineer overseas just to reprogram a customer’s device or to ship a device back to the factory for an update or replacement.
Because the “eLoader” doesn’t need a computer for normal operation, it can be a very useful portable programming/loading solution in the event that the debugging laboratory and engineering cubes are in different locations.
- Supports target interface signals from 1.2V to 5V (JTAG, SPI, I2C)
- Powered from the target device from 1.2V to 5V
- Supports all major FPGA/CPLD vendors
- Supports TI MSP430 MCU family
- Supports Microchip MCPUs (dsPIC30/dsPIC33/PIC24)
- Supports Silicon Labs MCPUs
- Supports EXAR XRP77xx family
- Supports programming/loading of a wide range of types and vendors of I2C/SPI-based devices
- Standalone device
- Field upgradeable firmware
- Supports connection to the PC “Terminal” for log output (if necessary)
- Device configuration performed via connection to a USB port of a typical PC (by running a Windows®-based utility)
Supported Devices List
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES
- 12” USB cable for connection
- 10-pin flat cable with 2×5 header for eLoader connection
- Configuration software under Windows OS
- SKU-018-01 – In-Circuit Loader/Programmer (except Microchip dsPIC30 MCPU support)
- SKU-018-02 – In-Circuit Loader/Programmer (including Microchip dsPIC30 MCPU support via adapter)