Flexible x4 PCI Express to 4 MiniPCI Express Splitter (Splitter) was designed to expand modern motherboard (ATX, mini ATX etc.) that have PCI Express interface. It allows connecting up-to four MiniPCI Express add-in expansion boards to the standard motherboard PCI Express connector.
Splitter includes 4 MiniPCI Express Adapter boards, x4 PCI Express Host board and 4 Flat PCI Express Cables.
PCI Express Host board connects to the motherboard x1/x4/x8/x16 PCI Express connector (upstream). Flat PCI Express cables (12 inches) are used for connection between Host board and Adapter boards and provide flexible connection between MiniPCI Express add-in boards and the motherboard.
The power for MiniPCI Express add-in board is supplied via MiniPCI Express connector that is placed on the Adapter board. The MiniPCI Express Adapter board has standard 4-pin “Floppy drive” power connector for getting power 5V from standard ATX power supply(may be used any external 5V power supply) or 3.3V from host board or any 3.3V external power source.
MiniPCI Express Adapter board has mounting holes for mechanical fixation inside the computer chassis (embedded computer).
- Easy Plug-and-Play installation
- Compliant with PCI Express and MiniPCI Express specification (Version 1.1)
- Allows PCI Express slot to be spitted into 4 MiniPCI Express slots
- LEDs for displaying downstream and upstream PCI Express link status
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES
- x4 PCI Express Host board with full size bracket (optionally with PCI Express retainer)
- Four MiniPCI Express Adapter boards with PCI Express Flat cables
- SKU-072-01 – x4 PCI Express to 4 MiniPCI Express Splitter (power from host board or from external 3V psu)
- SKU-072-02 – x4 PCI Express to 4 MiniPCI Express Splitter (power from standard ATX psu or from external 5V psu)