The Flexible x1 PCI Express to PCI Bus Adapter (Adapter) was designed to convert the x1 PCI Express bus into two 32-bit PCI buses. It allows you to connect up to two 32-bit PCI expansion boards to the motherboard x1/x4/x8/x16 PCI Express connector.
The adapter includes a PCI adapter, x1 PCI Express host board and a PCI Express flat cable.
The PCI adapter has 2 32-bit PCI slots for plugging in 2 32-bit PCI expansion boards. The x1 PCI Express host board connects to the motherboard PCI Express connector. The PCI Express flat cable (12 inches) is used for connecting the host board and PCI adapter, and it provides a flexible connection between the 32-bit add-in boards and the motherboard.
The power (12V, 5V, 3.3V, -12V) for each PCI expansion board is supplied via a 32-bit female PCI connector. The PCI adapter has a standard 4-pin “Hard drive” power connector for receiving power (12V and 5V) from a standard ATX power supply or any other external power supply.
The 2-slot PCI adapter has 4 mounting holes for its mechanical fixation inside the computer chassis (embedded computer).
The x1 PCI Express host board can be retained inside the chassis by using the PCI Express add-in board retainer (US Patent 7,850,475). This board retainer prevents the host board from wiggling and it can hold the PCI express board without a bracket.
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Compliant with PCI and PCI Express specifications
- Allows PCI Express motherboard slot to be expanded to 2 32-bit PCI slots
- LED for displaying link status between motherboard and PCI adapter
- LEDs for displaying power status on the PCI adapter
- RoHS compliant
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES
- x1 PCI Express host board
- PCI Express flat cable
- PCI adapter board
- SKU-041-01 – Flexible x1 PCI Express to PCI Bus Adapter (supports 12V/3.3V/5V PCI power)
- SKU-041-02 – Flexible x1 PCI Express to PCI Bus Adapter (supports 12V/3.3V/5V/-12V PCI power)