The Flexible x1 PCI Express to MiniPCI Express Adapter (Adapter) was designed to convert the x1 PCI Express bus into the MiniPCI Express bus. It allows you to connect the MiniPCI Express expansion add-in board to the motherboard PCI Express connector.
The Adapter includes a MiniPCI Express adapter board (downstream), x1 PCI Express host board and PCI Express flat cable.
The x1 PCI Express host board connects to the motherboard PCI Express connector. The PCI Express flat cable (12 inches) is used for connecting the host board and MiniPCI Express Adapter board, and it provides a flexible connection between the MiniPCI Express expansion add-in board and the motherboard.
The power for the downstream MiniPCI Express expansion board is supplied via a MiniPCI Express connector. The MiniPCI Express Adapter has a standard 4-pin “floppy drive” power connector for receiving power from a PCI Express host board, a standard ATX power supply, or an external 5V power supply.
The MiniPCI Express Adapter board has mounting holes for its mechanical fixation inside the computer chassis (embedded computer).
The x1 PCI Express host board can be retained inside the chassis by using a unique PCI Express add-in board retainer (US Patent 7,850,475) to prevent the PCI Express host board from wiggling. This add-in board retainer can securely hold a PCI express board without using a standard bracket.
- Plug and Play installation (no software needed)
- Compliant with PCI Express specification (Version 1.1)
- Compliant with MiniPCI Express specification (Version 1.1)
- RoHS compliant
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES
- x1 PCI Express host board
- MiniPCI Express adapter board
- PCI Express flat cable
- SKU-056-01 – Flexible x1 PCI Express to MiniPCI Express Adapter (power from the host board)
- SKU-056-02 – Flexible x1 PCI Express to MiniPCI Express Adapter (power from a standard ATX psu or an external 5V psu)