The Flexible x1 PCI Express Riser (Riser) was designed to extend the x1 PCI Express bus. The Riser includes an x1 PCI Express adapter board (optional: x4 PCI Express adapter), x1 PCI Express host board and a 12” PCI Express Flat cable.
The x1 PCI Express host board connects to the motherboard PCI Express connector. The PCI Express Flat cable (12 inches) is used for connecting the host board and x1 PCI Express adapter board, and it provides a flexible connection between the x1 PCI Express add-in board and the motherboard.
The power (12V and 3.3V) for the PCI Express add-in board is supplied via a female PCI Express connector. The PCI Express add-in board’s power source can be a PCI Express host board, standard ATX power supply, or an external 12 volt power supply.
The x1 PCI Express adapter board has mounting holes for its mechanical fixation inside the computer chassis (embedded computer), and support tabs for mechanical stabilization of the add-in PCI Express expansion board (US Patent 7,255,570).
The x1 PCI Express host board can be retained inside a computer chassis by using a unique PCI Express add-in board retainer (US Patent 7,850,475) to prevent the host board from wiggling. The add-in board retainer can securely hold a PCI Express board without using standard bracket.
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Compliant with PCI Express specifications
- RoHS compliant
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES
- x1 PCI Express host board
- x1 PCI Express adapter board (x4 PCIe adapter board instead is optional)
- 12” PCI Express Flat cable (other lengths are optional)
- SKU-039-01 – Flexible x1 PCI Express Riser (power from host board)
- SKU-039-02 – Flexible x1 PCI Express Riser (power from standard ATX power supply)
- SKU-039-03 – Flexible x1 PCI Express Riser (power from external 12V power supply) (x1 PCIe adapter)
- SKU-039-13 – Flexible x1 PCI Express Riser (power from external 12V power supply) (x4 PCIe adapter)