The Flexible x1 PCI Express 3-Way Splitter was designed to expand your modern motherboard (ATX, mini ATX, etc.) with limited PCI Express slots. It allows you to connect up to three x16 PCI Express add-in boards, such as GPUs, to your motherboard’s x1/x4/x8/x16 PCI Express connector.
The Splitter includes three x16 PCI Express adapter boards with PCI Express flat cables, and one x1 PCI Express host board.
The x1 PCI Express host board connects to the x1 / x4 / x8 / x16 motherboard PCI Express connector (motherboard’s slot). The PCI Express flat cables (12 inches) allow you to space out the GPUs any way you like, letting you reduce GPU overheating problems significantly, and increase their performance.
The power (12V and 3.3V) for each x16 downstream board is supplied via a female PCI Express connector placed on the PCI Express adapter board. The power source for the GPU boards can be a standard ATX power supply, or an external 12V power supply.
The x16 PCI Express adapter board has mounting holes for its mechanical fixation inside the computer chassis (embedded computer), and support tabs for mechanical stabilization of the add-in GPU boards (US Patent 7,255,570).
The x1 PCI Express host board can be retained inside the chassis by using a full-size bracket, or by using the unique PCI Express add-in board retainer (US Patent 7,850,475). This PCI Express board retainer prevents the host board from wiggling, and can hold the PCI Express board without a bracket.
- Easy Plug-and-Play installation
- Compliant with PCI Express specification 2.1
- Gen2 – 5Gbit/sec. upstream bandwidth
- Allows one x1, x4, x8, or x16 slot to be expanded to up to three x16 PCI Express slots
- LEDs for displaying downstream and upstream PCI Express link ports activities
- LEDs for displaying PCI Express add-in board (GPU) “PRESENT” status
- Support tabs for mechanical stabilization of add-in GPU (US Patent 7,255,570)
- Unique PCI Express add-in board retainer, for bracketless fixture to the GPU (US Patent 7,850,475)
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES
- one x1 PCI Express host board with full-size bracket (optional with PCI express retainer)
- three x16 PCI Express adapter boards, with PCI Express flat cables
- SKU-040-43 – GPU-Oriented x1 PCI Express 3-Way Splitter (5Gbit/sec. upstream bandwidth) (Gen2)
(power from standard ATX psu or external 12V psu)