The Flexible MiniPCI to MiniPCI Express Bus Adapter (Adapter) was designed to convert a standard MiniPCI bus into a MiniPCI Express bus. It allows you to connect a MiniPCI Express board (half-size or full-size) to a motherboard that has a standard 124-pin MiniPCI connector.
The Adapter includes a MiniPCI Express adapter board (downstream), MiniPCI host board and PCI Express flat cable.
The MiniPCI Express adapter board has a standard MiniPCI Express connector for plugging in the MiniPCI Express board. The MiniPCI host board connects to the motherboard 124-pin MiniPCI connector. The PCI Express flat cable (12 inches) is used for connecting the host board with the MiniPCI Express Adapter, and it provides a flexible connection between the MiniPCI Express add-in board and the motherboard. The MiniPCI Express Adapter board has an additional USB connector (optional) for connecting the MiniPCI Express USB interface to the USB controller on the motherboard.
The power for the downstream MiniPCI Express expansion board is supplied via a MiniPCI Express connector which is placed on the MiniPCI Express Adapter board. The power for the MiniPCI Express Adapter board is supplied via a 4-pin “floppy drive” power connector. Depending on the MiniPCI Express adapter board type, it can use different power sources:
– the MiniPCI host board via additional cable (3.3V)
– a standard ATX power supply (5V)
– an external power supply (3.3V or 5V)
The MiniPCI Express Adapter board has mounting holes for its mechanical fixation inside the computer chassis (embedded computer).
- Plug and Play installation
- Compliant with MiniPCI Express specification (Version 1.1)
- Compliant with MiniPCI specification (Version 1.0)
- LED for displaying downstream PCI Express link status
- RoHS compliant
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES
- MiniPCI host board
- MiniPCI Express adapter board
- PCI Express flat cable
- SKU-054-01 – Flexible MiniPCI to MiniPCI Express Bus Adapter (power from the host board or an external 3.3V power supply)
- SKU-054-02 – Flexible MiniPCI to MiniPCI Express Bus Adapter (power from a ATX power supply or an external 5V power supply)