The Flexible MiniPCI Express Riser (Riser) was designed to extend the MiniPCI Express bus. The Riser includes a MiniPCI Express adapter board (downstream), MiniPCI Express host board and a 12” PCI Express flat cable.
The MiniPCI Express host board connects to the motherboard MiniPCI Express connector. The PCI Express Flat cable (12 inches) is used for connecting the host board and MiniPCI Express adapter board, and it provides a flexible connection between the MiniPCI Express add-in board and the motherboard.
The power for the downstream MiniPCI Express add-in board is supplied via a MiniPCI Express connector which is placed on the MiniPCI Express Adapter board. The power for the MiniPCI Express Adapter board is supplied via a 4-pin “floppy drive” power connector. Depending on the MiniPCI Express adapter board type, it can use different power sources:
– the MiniPCI host board via additional cable (3.3V)
– a standard ATX power supply (5V)
– an external power supply (3.3V or 5V)
The MiniPCI Express Adapter board has mounting holes for its mechanical fixation inside the computer chassis (embedded computer).
- Plug and Play installation
- Compliant with MiniPCI Express specification (Version 1.1)
- RoHS compliant
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES
- MiniPCI Express host board
- MiniPCI Express adapter board
- 12” PCI Express flat cable (other lengths are optional)
- SKU-055-01 – Flexible MiniPCI Express (full) Riser (power from the host board or an external 3.3V power supply)
- SKU-055-02 – Flexible MiniPCI Express (full) Riser (power from standard ATX psu or external 5V psu)
- SKU-055-03 – Flexible MiniPCI Express (half) Riser (power from host board or 3.3V external psu)
- SKU-055-04 – Flexible MiniPCI Express (half) (power from standard ATX psu or external 5V psu)