The Flexible 32-bit PCI to MiniPCI Express Adapter (Adapter) was designed to convert the 32-bit PCI bus into a MiniPCI Express bus. It allows you to connect the MiniPCI Express expansion board to the motherboard PCI connector
The Adapter includes a MiniPCI Express adapter board (downstream), 32-bit PCI host board and PCI Express flat cable.
The PCI host board connects to the motherboard PCI connector. The PCI Express flatcable (12” inches) is used for connecting the host board and MiniPCI Express adapter board, and it provides a flexible connection between the MiniPCI Express expansion add-in board and the motherboard.
The power for the downstream MiniPCI Express expansion board is supplied via a MiniPCI Express connector which is placed on the MiniPCI Express Adapter board. The power for the MiniPCI Express Adapter board is supplied via a 4-pin “floppy drive” power connector. Depending on the MiniPCI Express adapter board type, it can use different power sources:
— the PCI host board via additional cable (3.3V)
— a standard ATX power supply (5V)
— an external power supply (5V)
The MiniPCI Express Adapter board has mounting holes for its mechanical fixation inside the computer chassis (embedded computer).
- Plug and Play installation (no software needed)
- Compliant with PCI specification (Version 3.0)
- Compliant with MiniPCI Express specification (Version 1.1)
- RoHS compliant
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Universal 32-bit PCI host board
- MiniPCI Express adapter board
- PCI Express flat cable
- SKU-057-01 – Flexible 32-bit PCI to MiniPCI Express Adapter (power from the host board)
- SKU-057-02 – Flexible 32-bit PCI to MiniPCI Express Adapter (power from a standard ATX or an external 5V power supply)